The ICMA Centre is unique and has an international reputation for being the premier institution for undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education tailored to the capital markets industry. The ICMA Centre’s success is based not only on the integration of applied finance theory and industry specific training but also its considerable professional and academic expertise, and strong links with companies and trade associations in the global finance industry.
The Centre was established in 1991 with funding provided by the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) in Zurich. The state-of-the-art facilities include two dealing rooms running Reuters, Bloomberg and Datastream products, where students learn how markets really function and apply theory through simulations. The Centre will shortly be celebrating the opening of its new extended facilities including a flagship 50-seat dealing room – sponsored in part by Thomson Reuters.
The ICMA Centre offers eight Masters degrees, which are available on a full-time, flexible and distance learning basis:
- MSc Capital Markets, Regulation and Compliance
- MSc Corporate Finance
- MSc Finance and Real Estate
- MSc Financial Engineering (currently only full-time)
- MSc Financial Risk Management
- MSc International Securities, Investment and Banking
- MSc Investment Banking and Islamic Finance (currently only full-time)
- MSc Investment Management
The Centre offers a range of executive education from internationally recognised certificate programmes to tailored training programmes:
- FINRA Capital Markets, Regulation and Compliance Diploma and Short Courses
- ICMA Financial Markets Foundation Certificate (FMFC)
- ICMA International Fixed Income and Derivatives (IFID) Certificate Programme
- ICMA Operations Certificate Programme (OCP)
- ICMA Primary Market Certificate (PMC)
- PRM Professional Risk Manager Certification Programme
- ICMA Centre Workshop Series
- Trading Certificate
- Simulated Trading Days
- Tailored Training Programmes
We add value to our programmes not only through our team of professional industry experienced staff but also through our practical approach.
Twitter for the latest updates