Trade Finance News

Region - Middle East

September 29, 2014

National Bank of Oman preps bond

UPDATE: Book for five-year issuance at US$1.2bn as of mid-morning Tuesday.

September 22, 2014

NCB to list on Tadawul

  • National Commercial Bank, Saudi Arabia’s largest lender, will float 25% of its capital on the domestic stock exchange.
     
  • 60% of that tranche will be available to Saudi individual investors, with the remaining 40% going to the Public Pension Agency.
     
  • Share sale could raise up to SAR16bn (US$4.3bn), making it largest in 2014 after Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba.
September 20, 2014

IDB to raise US$1.5bn with sukuk

Bank launches five-year, dollar-denominated sukuk.

September 13, 2014

Bahrain's bond raises US$1.25bn

Sovereign sees more than US$6bn of orders for 30-year issuance.

September 11, 2014

Sharjah makes sukuk debut

  • Emirate raises US$750mn in 10-year paper.
     
  • Deal heavily oversubscribed, attracting US$7.85bn of orders from 250 investors.
     
  • HSBC, Kuwait Finance House, National Bank of Abu Dhabi, Sharjah Islamic Bank and Standard Chartered arranged the sale.
September 10, 2014

Emirates NBD raises US$500mn

Perpetual bond order book closes at US$1.1bn.

September 08, 2014

IDB sets out on sukuk show

Islamic Development Bank will meet Malaysian investors on Thursday, then tour Middle East, Europe and UK to pitch deal.

September 08, 2014

Standard Chartered: Karin Flinspach

Bank names new head of cash products for transaction banking.

September 07, 2014

Investcorp: Rebecca Hellerstein

Bahraini firm hires cross-asset strategist for hedge funds business.

September 04, 2014

QNB takes Ecobank stake

  • Qatari bank buys 12.5% shareholding in pan-African lender.
     
  • Shares are sold by Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria, which took stake after Ecobank's takeover of Oceanic Bank.
     
  • QNB is now the largest shareholder in Ecobank behind South Africa's Public Investment Corporation.
September 03, 2014

Yemen gets US$550mn IMF loan

Unstable Arab country receives much-needed assistance.

September 02, 2014

Al Baraka: Mohammed Abdullah El-Qaq

Bahrain-based Islamic bank names new head of commercial banking.

September 02, 2014

Jones Day: Jonathan Bloom

Law firm hires London-based partner specialising in high-yield debt deals.

September 02, 2014

Bidvest team mulls London IPO

South African investment firm could list international foodservice subsidiary on LSE.

September 01, 2014

Renaissance Capital: Ryan Ayache

Investment bank hires former Deutsche analyst to study MENA banks.

Email Icon
Follow EMEA Finance on
Twitter for the latest updates
twitter.com/emea_finance