Pan-African lender to start investment-banking business following last year’s Iroko acquisition.
Equity Capital Markets
- African telecoms tower operator wants acquisition funds for new and existing markets.
- Standard Bank and Standard Chartered are mandated to arrange the deals.
- Move comes shortly after the acquisition of 3,100 towers from India’s Bharti Airtel and the raising of US$630mn in equity.
- SEE Link will develop a single order-routing platform for Bulgarian Stock Exchange, Macedonian Stock Exchange and Zagreb Stock Exchange.
- Exchanges will provide €80,000 each to capitalise the business, while EBRD provides €540,000 grant.
- “We believe this project will increase the visibility of our markets.” – Ivan Steriev, Macedonian Stock Exchange CEO.
Headline winners of our awards for 2013's best investment bank, deal and dealmaker.